Steps involved in making a Booking Procedure with Quarantine
- Read MPI steps to importing cats and dogs first and ensure all requirements have been met. Click here
- Owner to complete booking form. Click hereComplete Contract online. Click here
- Pay $500 deposit per pet online. Click here
- CQS will send booking confirmation certificate to owner which needs to be attached to import permit application.
- Owner/Agent to apply for import permit (Can take up to 20 working days to process import permit application).Download the import permit application form for cats and dogs from rabies-free countries (category 2 ):
Download the import permit application for cats and dogs from countries where rabies is absent or well controlled including cats or dogs on yachts (Category 3 ):
Attach quarantine booking confirmation, signed Official Veterinarian Declaration (OVD), copy of rabies blood test lab report, two most recent rabies vaccination certificates/records.
- Please send copy of import permit to CQS once received.
- Owner/Agent to complete customs forms and send to CQS. Please read the following website. Click here
We will apply for the customs clearance for you but you will need to complete the following forms and return them to us:CATS AND DOGS:
- A completed NZCS 231 Imported animal clearance form (DOC 252 KB). Click here
- A statutory declaration on Form 15: Declaration advising dog is not a prohibited breed (DOC 227 KB) – to be completed by Owner/Agent. Click here
- PET VACCINATION HISTORY It is a requirement for CQS that all pets be fully vaccinated as follows:DOGS: Must be vaccinated against Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough, Canine Influenza Virus (If available). These vaccinations must have been within 12 months but not within 21days of arrival into New Zealand.CATS: Must be vaccinated against Feline Enteritis, Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis and Calicivirus infection. This vaccination must have been within 12 months but not within 21 days of arrival into New Zealand.A copy of the vaccination certificate must be sent to CQS.Vaccination status will be confirmed by CQS staff member. The original vaccination certificate must accompany the pet.
- Declare pet medication, if needed
You need to provide details if your cat or dog is receiving any medication and needs it during travel or whilst in quarantine.Download the declaration of medicines form [PDF, 69 KB]A copy of the veterinarian’s prescription must be provided to MPI before or when your pet arrives in New Zealand. If the veterinary medicine is travelling with your pet, include this paperwork with your export documents. Generally, up to a 3-month supply will be given clearance.
- Owner sends pets vaccination records, medication form (if needed), copy of passport, visa (if applicable), eticket (if not already in NZ).
- Owner/Agent to confirm flight details with CQS so we can give the OK to Forward to the airlines.Please note: We cannot give the OK to forward if we do not have all of the above forms.
- Owner/Agent to send AWB to CQS as soon as available.
Check list for Making a Booking at CQS
- Complete Booking form online (via website)
- Complete Contract online (via website)
- Pay Deposit (via website)
- Apply for Import Permit
Send the following forms to CQS via ‘Upload Documents’ in Booking Centre
- Import permit when you receive it
- Customs forms – NZCS 231 & Form 15
- Copy of vaccination records
- Copy medication form if needed
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa (if applicable)
- Copy of eticket (if not already in NZ)
- Agent or owner to send Airway Bill when available